From Intelligent Perception
During my lectures, I write on the screen of a tablet PC with a digital pen and the writing instantly appears on the screen for the students to see.
I use SMART Tablet. This is a fairly large tablet connected to a Windows PC. Not like iPad at all.
In any way it's better than either chalkboard:
- handwriting is in bright blue, with other colors used for emphasis;
- I have a lot of colorful illustrations, copied as many times as necessary;
- I can insert images, run programs (Excel), go to the internet;
- I don’t have to deal with chalk on my shoes, pants, and lungs.
- No need to prepare the slides (illustrations and formulas!);
- I can change the lecture plan at any time.
I found SMART Tablet quite reliable.
The software I use is Windows Journal.
In the end of the lecture, the file is immediately published in the pdf format to the class web page (as an example see Differential Equations -- Fall 2011).