From Intelligent Perception
HP Slate is a Windows computer in the tablet format.
I use this computer for two main purposes.
First, I use it to edit my handwritten lectures.
Initially, use SMART Tablet PC in class to write on the screen of the tablet with a digital pen.
The result is
- handwriting in bright blue, with other colors used for emphasis;
- formulas broken into parts based on color;
- colorful illustrations, copied as many times as necessary to show progress.
Later on, I use HP Slate to correct, clean, extend the lectures to make them more readable. The software is Windows Journal.
Eventually the lectures are transcribed into articles that you see on this site.
I also use the tablet for web surfing.
- Responsiveness is good for web, adequate for writing.
- The buttons are just a bit too small for my (average sized) fingers.
- The pen has to be kept close to vertical for writing and drawing.
- Resting your hand on the screen might produce lines.
- Smaller, thicker, and heavier than iPad.